Customisable Resin Pteruges/Cingulum militare suitable for 28mm-32mm scale infantry models. 5 part resin kit containing five identical Pteruges. Each part is enough to customise one model. This kit is recommended for advanced hobbyists. Contains fragile parts that must be handled with care.
Watch the full installation video tutorial. A quick guide is given below. In the photos above you can see examples of the Pteruges used to convert and theme Primaris Intercessor Space Marines into custom chapters or specific Greek/Spartan and Roman style chapters such as Minotaurs and Ultramarines.
- Cut the strips to the desired length.
- Separate each strip carefully and cleanup with sandpaper or a file.
- Apply glue to the very top end of the back of the strip where you want it to join to the model.
- Once all the strips have been glued in place you can heat them up with hot water or a hair dryer (be careful not to damage your model with excessive heat). You can now bend the resin into the desired shape.
- Once cooled, the resin shape will remain unchanged. Keep repeating this process until you are happy.
- Additionally, you can lightly apply superglue to the back of the strip to permanently fix the shape of the resin in place even when heated. This allows you to add each band and shape it one at a time for greater control.
Resin kits should be washed in warm soapy water before use, some work may be needed to remove mould lines and fill in small air bubbles. If you need help you can follow the Beginners Guide to Resin.
Resin components may vary in colour. Supplied unassembled, unpainted. Pressure cast for improved quality. Designed and sculpted by Philip Spence, hand cast in the UK.
This is not an official Games Workshop or The Warhammer 40,000 product. Photographs of existing kits are shown only for scale and compatibility. Leman Russ, Forgeworld, Space Marines, Death Korps of Krieg, the Warhammer 40,000 name are either ® or ™, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners. Choking hazard. Not meant for children 16 years or younger.