2 part resin kit to convert the standard Leman Russ turret making it compatible with our turret weapons, with a little extra work it can be compatible with the Forgeworld Leman Russ turret weapons. This kit is recommended for advanced hobbyists. Suitable for use with an unbuilt Leman Russ Battle Tank turret in Warhammer 40k and Horus Heresy, along with other scale model tanks. This is suitable for the standard Battle Cannon turret, not the Demolisher turret.
This kit is recommended for advanced hobbyists. Watch the in-depth installation video guide. A quick guide is shown in the photos above along with the notes below.
Guide for converting the Leman Russ turret:
- Remove the plastic mounting for the turret weapon from the bottom of the turret, it’s important that this is flush so sand down if needed.
- Cut into the turret top as show, aligning your blade so these inner-side pieces are cut in half. Keep your cut as vertical as possible until your blade reaches the inside roof of the turret.
- The cut should roughly be in alignment with the periscope and shouldn’t go beyond it.
- Line up the blade with the bottom of the scope and remove the excess plastic which you’ve just cut.
- Line up your blade with the scope and cut to remove the rest of the excess plastic creating a clean 90 degree angle.
- Clean up the side cut with a file or sanding paper, you want this as vertical as possible.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Test fit with the new gun mount and both the top and bottom pieces of the turret, it’s recommended you test with your gun of choice here, for Forgeworld weapons you might need to widen the area with further sanding. Once you are happy glue the weapon mount to the top of the turret, then glue the bottom turret piece in the place.
- Line up your blade with the inside of the turret to cut into the bottom of the turret on both sides.
- Use a blade to score along the bottom of the turret, keep this in alignment with the resin weapon mount. Keep doing this until you’ve cut all the way through.
- Remove the plastic piece, clean up where needed and fill any gaps.
- Add the shroud and turret weapon of your choice. The shroud can be glued in or simply affixed using putty such as Blu Tack so it can be easily removed. The gun can be glued or magnetised in place.
Will this work with weapons from Forgeworld or another 3rd party?
Most weapons of a similar size should work, though you may need to test fit these and widen the cut made into the sides of the turret as shown in step 6 of the installation guide. Some work on the turret weapon might be needed to accommodate the shroud, or this can be removed, depending on the shape/size of your turret weapons.
Can I used this on the plastic Demolisher turret?
Not by default as it has extra detail designed to fill the scope area of the Battle Cannon turret which doesn’t exist on the Demolisher turret, it might be possible to make it fit but you would have to remove this detail, making sure to keep the hinges used to mount the shroud. Alternatively there conversion guide for GW’s plastic Leman Russ Demolisher turret which doesn’t use this kit.
Contains fragile parts that must be handled with care. Resin kits should be washed in warm soapy water before use, some work may be needed to remove mould lines and fill in small air bubbles. If you need help you can follow the Beginers Guide to Resin.
Resin components may vary in colour. Supplied unassembled, unpainted. Pressure cast for improved quality. Designed and sculpted by Philip Spence, hand cast in the UK.
This is not an official Games Workshop or The Warhammer 40,000 product. Photographs of existing kits are shown only for scale and compatibility. Leman Russ, Forgeworld, Space Marines, The Imperialis Militia, Solar Auxilia, The Horus Heresy, the Warhammer 40,000 name are either ® or ™, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners. Choking hazard. Not meant for children 16 years or younger.