Mission Fabricator Cogitator – MFC.v0.3
Planet Axor-V: DESERT WORLD
MAP: Spearhead Assault
Mission: Clandestine Operations
Battle plans must be carried out with the utmost of secrecy, ensuring the enemy aren't aware of your true intentions.
Players should set up the objective markers as shown on the map, randomly numbering each objective marker from 1 up to 6.
Hidden Orders: Before deployment, each player should secretly note down one of the following primary objectives to achieve. Keep this hidden until the end of the game.
End of Game Objective
1: Defensive Deployment. If, at the end of the game, you have more units in your deployment zone than your opponent has in theirs, then you score 3 victory points.
2: Aggressive Assault. If, at the end of the game, you have more units in your opponents territory than your opponent has in your territory, then you score 3 victory points.
3: Jam Beacon. After selecting this objective, secretly note down 1 objective marker in your opponents deployment zone. If you control this objective at the end of the game you score 3 victory points.
4: Synchronise Beacons. After selecting this objective, secretly note down 2 objective markers outside of your deployment zone. If you control both these objectives at the end of the game you score 3 victory points.
Active Beacon: At the start of each battle round, the player going second rolls one D6, this is the active beacon. If the mission is using less than 6 objective markers re-roll any results which don't correspond to a beacon.
Beacons: At the end of each player's turn, that player scores 1 victory point for each objective they control, scoring 1 additional victory point if they control the active objective marker.
Environmental Hazard: Psychic Buoy
With warp tides surging all around, psykers feed off empyric energy, harnessing this great power.
- Add 1 to Psychic and Deny the Witch tests.
- Add 1 to the number of mortal wounds that a model suffers from Perils of the warp.
How to use
The MFC expands upon the Open War/Crusade gameplay for Warhammer 40k. Allowing you to randomly generate a mission for you to play. Each time the page loads or refreshes you’ll get a new planet, deployment zone, mission and environmental hazard.
Things to note
- I would class this as still in beta, and would love feedback to help improve the MFC.
- Designed for Strike Force sized missions, though could be tweaked for different scales.
- Not designed to work in conjunction with GT Mission Pack style secondaries for scoring, though some missions will certainly be compatible.
- Some mission have random objective placments, you might not always get a favourable combination of deployment zone and objective placement.
- There’s no way to currently save your randomly generated mission.
- This project is created by myself and is unofficial fan work.
In addition to adding more missions. I’d like to add three extra randomly generated elements:
- Warzones, which give you a suggested terrain / theme for the table.
- Battle Readiness, which are bonus rules for each army, these might be specific to Attacker/Defender for more asymmetrical missions.
- Secondaries, like the classic first blood and slay the warlord.
Currently the planets are all bespoke, there’s around 12 so far. I might look at how to randomly generate the planet images too for infinite combinations.
Other ideas include faction specific missions, First Strike/Onslaught missions, ways to customise/save settings, and campaign features.
I would love to know what you think, whether it’s feedback on the missions and special rules, or what direction you’d like to see going forwards, i.e more planet stats/narrative background or more mission and gameplay elements.
Please leave all feedback in the comments below.
- Adjusted victory points to Clandestine Operations mission.
- 3 new deployment zone layouts: Front-line Assault, Divided Lines, and Forward Rush.
- 2 new objective layouts.
- 1 new mission: Black Mass.
- Updated all planet graphics to new style