Mission Fabricator Cogitator – MFC.v0.3
Planet Ekonomous: Shrine World
MAP: Spearhead Assault
Mission: Cold-blooded Victory
The bloodlust of battle calls to all, with savage butchery there shall be no mercy.
End Game Objective
Each player adds up the the total number of wounds characteristics of all enemy models that have been destroyed during the battle.
At the end of the fifth battle round, the player with the highest total is the winner (even if their own army has been completely destroyed).
Environmental Hazard: Orbital Wreckage
With a battle ranging overhead in space, debris from destroyed craft comes hurtling down on your position.
At the start of each players turn, that player selects three enemy units. Roll one D6 for each unit, subtracting 1 if the unit is a CHARACTER (excluding VEHICLE and MONSTER units): on a 4, that unit suffers 1 mortal wound; on a 5, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds; on a 6, that unit suffers D6 mortal wounds.
How to use
The MFC expands upon the Open War/Crusade gameplay for Warhammer 40k. Allowing you to randomly generate a mission for you to play. Each time the page loads or refreshes you’ll get a new planet, deployment zone, mission and environmental hazard.
Things to note
- I would class this as still in beta, and would love feedback to help improve the MFC.
- Designed for Strike Force sized missions, though could be tweaked for different scales.
- Not designed to work in conjunction with GT Mission Pack style secondaries for scoring, though some missions will certainly be compatible.
- Some mission have random objective placments, you might not always get a favourable combination of deployment zone and objective placement.
- There’s no way to currently save your randomly generated mission.
- This project is created by myself and is unofficial fan work.
In addition to adding more missions. I’d like to add three extra randomly generated elements:
- Warzones, which give you a suggested terrain / theme for the table.
- Battle Readiness, which are bonus rules for each army, these might be specific to Attacker/Defender for more asymmetrical missions.
- Secondaries, like the classic first blood and slay the warlord.
Currently the planets are all bespoke, there’s around 12 so far. I might look at how to randomly generate the planet images too for infinite combinations.
Other ideas include faction specific missions, First Strike/Onslaught missions, ways to customise/save settings, and campaign features.
I would love to know what you think, whether it’s feedback on the missions and special rules, or what direction you’d like to see going forwards, i.e more planet stats/narrative background or more mission and gameplay elements.
Please leave all feedback in the comments below.
- Adjusted victory points to Clandestine Operations mission.
- 3 new deployment zone layouts: Front-line Assault, Divided Lines, and Forward Rush.
- 2 new objective layouts.
- 1 new mission: Black Mass.
- Updated all planet graphics to new style